FREE UK POSTAGE!
One of our most popular kits, our Ragged Life "Rag Rug Deluxe Kit" is great for anyone looking to try rag rugging for the first time. It includes:
- Rag Rug Scissors (super sharp fabric scissors which make cutting fabric a doddle. Our scissors are made of Japanese stainless steel for quality & longevity, have super sharp blades for smooth cutting & soft handles for comfort)
- Latch Hook (the main tool we use for both the rag rugging techniques)
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian (no need to do anything with this hessian so you can get rag rugging straight away!)
- Wooden Cutting Gauge (a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces that little bit easier. Ours has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted)
- Instructional DVD (with an intro to the equipment, tips on how to prepare the fabric and " how to" videos for both rag rugging techniques - shaggy & loopy)
- Instruction Booklet (With easy to follow step by step instructions & photos)
- Marker Pen (for sketching out your design onto the hessian)
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe). You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...) but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton.