FREE UK POSTAGE!
POSTAGE UPDATE MAY 2020: Hello everyone, we are sending out your rag rug goodies as normal, but the post is a little slower than normal (Royal Mail are snowed under). Orders are taking around 2-6 days to arrive. For more details, please click here.
Before choosing your first Ragged Life Rag Rug Kit, you may want to read our handy guide explaining the differences between all our great kits over on the Ragged Life Blog here.
And, if you already have the rag rug tools, but still want to make a Rag Rug Bouquet, you can buy the hessian pack without the tools here.
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy and short shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Latch Hook - one of the best tools to do loopy rag rugging with. It's great for making the flat centres of flowers.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Hemmed Bouquet Hessian (to make 7 flowers) - no need to do anything with this hessian so you can get rag rugging straight away!
- Wooden Flower Stems (for 7 flowers).
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
- Bouquet Booklet - with bouquet specific design tips, step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your bouquet once you've finished your rag rugging and more.
- Marker Pen - for sketching any designs onto the hessian.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe).
You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that you use lighter, floatier fabrics for your rag rug flowers. For more photos and tips, check out our Rag Rug Bouquet Blog Post.
Psst... For only £7 extra you can add the hessian and stems to make 7 more flowers so you can make an even bigger bouquet.