It's always a lovely surprise to see what colours and patterns of blanket offcuts we get from the Yorkshire mills. It's honestly like Christmas when we visit! The blanket yarns in this listing are all ones that didn't fit into a particular colourway listing as they're multicoloured.
Browse the specific yarns we have on offer and choose from the drop down list to select your balls. We'll be adding new yarns as they come in, so enjoy!
About this product:
These beautiful blanket yarns are sold in balls of 250g and can be used for the traditional British techniques of rag rugging - loopy, shaggy or short shaggy - as well as weaving, extreme knitting and much much more. This blanket yarn is ideal for making long-lasting rugs, sophisticated cushions and much more.
Why blanket yarn is great:
100% Wool Blanket Yarn has fast become one of our favourite materials to rag rug with for a number of reasons:
1) It's 100% wool, so is not only super soft, but also excellent quality. It's an absolute pleasure to work with, and any rug or cushion made in blanket yarn will last for generations.
2) Blanket yarn comes pre-cut into strips, which saves on cutting time. We recommend cutting the strips in half for ease of use and to make them go further, but that takes considerably less time than breaking down any item of clothing into strips.
3) It looks gorgeous when rag rugged. The texture and depth of colour is just lovely. Don't believe us, check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post here.
4) It's sustainable. Our blanket yarn is made from offcuts from blanket production in Yorkshire, so you can rest assured that every ball you use is less wastage going to landfill.
5) It goes far. Blanket yarn is thick, which means that it covers the hessian much quicker than most fabrics. This means that you can rag rug further apart and your rag rug creation will be done in no time.
Find out more:
Intrigued by our blanket yarn? Don't forget to check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post to browse some of our blanket yarn creations and for tips on usage.
Please remember to make your selection in the drop down box.
Psst… these are the blanket yarns we currently have listed and in stock, but we are always adding new yarns as they're picked up from the mill and balled up. Do get in touch if you're looking for something specific that isn't listed as you never know, we may well have it in but not listed yet! Please note, we rarely get the exact same blanket yarns twice, so it's better to over-order than under-order. You can always return / exchange blanket yarns you have not used. We aim to please 😊