FREE UK POSTAGE!
What Makes Blanket Yarn so Great?
One of our latest rag rug products is this fabulously cosy blanket yarn. It has fast become one of our favourite materials to rag rug with for a number of reasons:
1) It's 100% wool, so is not only super soft, but also excellent quality. It's an absolute pleasure to work with, and any rug or cushion made in blanket yarn will last for generations.
2) Fabric yarn comes pre-cut into strips, which saves on cutting time. We recommend cutting the strips in half for ease of use and to make them go further, but that takes considerably less time than breaking down any item of clothing into strips.
3) It looks gorgeous when rag rugged. The texture and depth of colour is just lovely. Don't believe us, check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post here.
4) It's sustainable. Our blanket yarn is made from offcuts from blanket production in Yorkshire, so you can rest assured that every ball you use is less wastage going to landfill.
5) It goes far. Blanket yarn is thick, which means that it covers the hessian much quicker than most fabrics. This means that you can rag rug further apart and your rag rug creation will be done in no time.
Blanket Yarn - Red, Orange & Yellow:
So, you're convinced about the virtues of blanket yarn, but what is this listing?
Here, you can buy 250g balls of red, orange and yellow blanket yarn. We only sell a minimum of 2 balls of blanket yarn per order, but you can mix and match reds, oranges and yellows by selecting a mixed option below. If you're looking to buy colours from different listings, select the Mixed Bundles Options on the shop.
As we're working with a recycled product, the exact colours and selection will vary from those in the photos, but we will try to take into account your preferences if you leave a note in the "special instructions to seller box" when you check out.
Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post:
Intrigued by our blanket yarn? Don't forget to check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post to browse some of our blanket yarn creations and for tips on usage.