FREE UK POSTAGE!
Before choosing your first Ragged Life Rag Rug Kit, you may want to read our handy guide explaining the differences between all our great kits over on the Ragged Life Blog here.
Our new Easy Peasy Rag Rug Kit is ideal for rag rug beginners who are looking to get their hands on all the tools they need to do both the loopy and shaggy techniques of rag rugging quickly and easily. Here's what is included:
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Latch Hook - the best tool to do loopy rag rugging with.
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Instructional DVD - this includes videos introducing the equipment, advising on fabric usage, tips on creating strips for rag rugging and 'how to' videos for both rag rugging techniques using both the latch hook and spring tool.
- Latch Hook Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques using the latch hook.
- Spring Tool Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques using the latch hook.
- Marker Pen - for sketching out your design onto the hessian.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe).
You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton. If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn, which is super soft to rag rug with.
Psst... For only £11 extra you can buy our Deluxe Rag Rug Kit which has all the above tools, as well as a pair of Brand New Professional Rag Rug Scissors and a FREE piece of Practice Hessian.