FREE UK POSTAGE!
POSTAGE UPDATE MAY 2020: Hello everyone, we are sending out your rag rug goodies as normal, but the post is a little slower than normal (Royal Mail are snowed under). Orders are taking around 2-6 days to arrive. For more details, please click here.
Before choosing your first Ragged Life Rag Rug Kit, you may want to read our handy guide explaining the differences between all our great kits over on the Ragged Life Blog here.
Our classic Ragged Life "Introductory Rag Rug Kit" is perfect for anyone looking to try out rag rugging for the first time. It includes:
- Latch Hook - one of the best tools to do loopy rag rugging with.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Marker Pen - for sketching your design onto the hessian.
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe).
You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton. If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn, which is super soft and conveniently cut into strips.
For only £15 extra you can buy our Easy Peasy Rag Rug Kit which has all the above tools, as well as a Rag Rug Spring Tool - the easiest and quickest tool for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging. Don't believe us, see it in action here.