FREE UK POSTAGE!
Our classic Ragged Life "Introductory Rag Rug Kit" is perfect for anyone looking to try out rag rugging for the first time. It includes:
- Latch Hook - the entry level rag rug tool that can be used for both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques (in fact, it's what I learnt with).
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Instructional DVD - this includes videos introducing the equipment, advising on fabric usage, tips on creating strips for rag rugging and 'how to' videos for both rag rugging techniques using both the latch hook and spring tool.
- Latch Hook Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques using the latch hook.
- Marker Pen - for sketching out your design onto the hessian.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe). You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton. If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn, which is super soft in a rag rug.
For only £15 extra you can buy our Super Shaggy Rag Rug Kit which has all the above tools, as well as a Rag Rug Spring Tool - the easiest and quickest tool for shaggy rag rugging. Don't believe us, see it in action here.