FREE UK POSTAGE!
POSTAGE UPDATE MAY 2020: Hello everyone, we are sending out your rag rug goodies as normal, but the post is a little slower than normal (Royal Mail are snowed under). Orders are taking around 2-6 days to arrive. For more details, please click here.
Before choosing your first Ragged Life Rag Rug Kit, you may want to read our handy guide explaining the differences between all our great kits over on the Ragged Life Blog here.
Our 40 x 40cm rag rug cushion makes a great first project for any rag rug beginner. Like our other rag rug kits, our Rag Rug Cushion Kit has all the tools to get you started, including:
- Latch Hook - the entry level rag rug tool that can be used for both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques (in fact, it's what I learnt with).
- Hemmed Cushion Hessian (to make a 40 x 40cm cushion) - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
- Cushion Booklet - with cushion specific design tips, step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your cushion once you've finished your rag rugging and more.
- Marker Pen - for sketching out your design onto the hessian.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe).
You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton. If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn, which is super soft and conveniently cut into strips.
Psst... For only £3 extra you can add another hemmed cushion hessian so you can make a pair of matching cushions or click the dropdown menu below to see our discounted upgrade options.