FREE UK POSTAGE!
Our new Ultimate Rag Rug Kit is for those who are looking for all the very best tools to be able to start on their rag rugging journey. There's really nothing more you could possibly need because here's what's included:
- Signed Copy of "Rag Rugs, Pillows & More" - Elspeth Jackson's first rag rug book provides over 30 rag rug projects for you to try, ranging from the cute clutch bags to rag rug pouffes. All projects come with beautiful, inspiring photos and step-by-step illustrations. Below are a few examples of what you can expect in the book:
- Rag Rug Scissors - rag rugging involves a lot of cutting of fabric, which is why it's important to have the best scissors for the job. Our rag rug scissors are specifically designed to work with a whole spectrum of different fabrics - from jersey, cotton and lycra, right up to blanket yarn, fleece and denim. They are also made to cut through lots of layers of fabric at the same time to reduce on fabric prep time. See how we use our rag rug scissors here.
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Latch Hook - the best tool to do loopy rag rugging with.
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Instructional DVD - this includes videos introducing the equipment, advising on fabric usage, tips on creating strips for rag rugging and 'how to' videos for both rag rugging techniques using both the latch hook and spring tool.
- Latch Hook Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques using the latch hook.
- Spring Tool Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques using the latch hook.
- Marker Pen - for sketching out your design onto the hessian.
- FREE Practice Hessian - this small bit of hessian allows you to practice the two techniques of rag rugging before moving onto your actual rag rug projects.
- FREE Crafty Notebook - a great crafty notebook with plain and striped pages for you to brainstorm all your crafty creations.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe).
You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton. If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn, which is super soft to rag rug with.