About this kit:
Our "Deluxe Rag Rug Kit" is ideal for rag rug beginners who are looking to get their hands on all the tools they could possibly need to do all the traditional British rag rug techniques - loopy, short shaggy and shaggy. Below is a list of all the great tools that are included:
Here's what is included:
- Rag Rug Scissors - rag rugging involves a lot of cutting of fabric, which is why it's important to have the best scissors for the job. Our rag rug scissors are specifically designed to work with a whole spectrum of different fabrics - from jersey, cotton and lycra, right up to blanket yarn, fleece and denim. They are also made to cut through lots of layers of fabric at the same time to reduce on fabric prep time. See how we use our rag rug scissors here.
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy and short shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Ragged Life Rug Hook - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make loopy rag rugs. Our hook is perfectly crafted to make loopy rag rugging a doddle. You can see it in action here.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Marker Pen - for sketching your design onto the hessian.
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
- FREE Practice Hessian - this small bit of hessian allows you to practice the two techniques of rag rugging before moving onto your actual rag rug project. We are sadly out of stock of practice hessian, so we will include a cushion hessian instead.
Kit Add-On Discount:
Add any piece of additional hessian (cushion, wreath, bouquet, XL hessian, pre-printed etc...) to your cart for 25% off that second piece of hessian. This means you've got your next project lined up after you complete your first!
Discount valid with the purchase of any Ragged Life Adult Kit and automatically applies at checkout.
- For only £12 extra, you can upgrade to our Ultimate Rag Rug Kit which has all the above tools, as well as a Signed Copy of Rag Rugs, Pillows & More (RRP £12.99) and a FREE Crafty Notebook for sketching out your rag rug designs and musings.